Monday, October 28, 2013

Tokens for Dungeon Dwellers Blood Bowl Team

The last three updates were part of a 'Guess the Project' style that I do now and then.
Pryn was the first to pinpoint the exact project type: a Chaos Pact Blood Bowl Team.

You can check out the last three updates to see the Troll, Ogre & Minotaur, or 'Talostaur' as I've been calling him.  I am a big fan of the Chaos Pact team in Blood Bowl.  Not only is it a fun team to play.. who doesn't like three big guys? but it has a lot of interesting potential with all the mutation access.  Maybe best of all though is how open to theme the roster is.  I have a lot of different ideas for Chaos Pact teams of different types.  My own is a Narnia theme team, but I have another idea that I may make at some point.

In the meantime, this team's theme is 'dark sinister dungeon dwellers'. That being the case I figured a set of dungeon trap doors would make a good set of tokens.

I made these with that in mind:


I can imagine secret trap doors opening and a thin pale hand reaching out to trip an opposing player, or nudge the ball closer to a dwellers team mate to explain the 're-roll' concept.

More on the team soon, they are almost finished.

In the meantime, here are the three amigos from the last few updates together:


I liked the idea of tying the disparate monsters together by their armor, but with different main colors.
All the skin is paler than normal for their species though, to show how they live their life in the dungeon away from any sunlight.


1 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

They certainly have that torture souls look, so the dungeon works for me - great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...