Friday, August 24, 2012

Blue Squadron Standing By: Galacteer Strike Team

I decided to do something a bit different for my Galacteer fleet from War Rocket.  Unlike the other race fleets, these won't be uniform. I've divided them up into three squadrons of a Class II and three Class I rockets each.  All will have white hulls, with the accent color of their squadron.  I think this should still look good if I want to combine them into one fleet, but will also make it very easy to divide them up for the multi-player game I'd like to run at a Game Convention next year which will have each person commanding a small group of rockets in a space battle and race to a planetoid, where they then command a small ground party to   secure an object of importance.

Here is Blue Squadron:

I probably should have photo'd them against my star mat, but I was too lazy to get all that out ;)

Close up on the command ship, can click for larger.

The other two squadrons will be Red & Green. 


10 comments:

TimHerr said...

Outstanding. I wish I could get mine to look half that good.

Jay said...

Very nice, Sir.

The Angry Lurker said...

The little ones look like Lear Jets, very nice work my friend!

Clint said...

Really nice paint job. Love the minis as well.... I think it's a future project for me. Inspiring!

Paul O'G said...

Love it- well done Galacteer!

Axtklinge said...

Lovely painting, congrats!

Lonewolf said...

Amazing. Lovely painted.

Regards
Bruno

Spacejacker said...

Cool! I like the white with squadron colour idea.

MrLee said...

Very cool! Nice idea to break up the painting monotony a bit more. Looking forward to seeing how the full faction looks like when finished!

Darren Wadland said...

Very nice - these are inspiring me to get some paint on my War Rocket models...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...