Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Muppet Saga

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlefrogs.
The year is 1066 and it's time for the Muppet Invasion!
...
Yaaaaaaay!

Zombiesmith's Sale ended today and I couldn't resist getting some more of the fun minis for 'War of Ashes'...
Think Shieldwall Vikings & Saxons, but with creatures that look like they'd not be out of place on the Muppet Show. I previewed some of them earlier this month in the Zombiesmith booth update.

A friend and I got hooked- I picked up the noble and inspiring Elvorix and he got some of the pitifully dimwitted and danger to themselves Vidaar.  We discussed the idea of not only using them for the War of Ashes game, but having options to use them for SAGA. Nothing wrong with some whimsy in a historical game. So at the end of their sale I ordered what I'd need to have a good sized force for their game and enough for a 6 to 8 point Saga Force.  I'll likely run the Elvorix with the Welsh list.

A quick w.i.p shot of the Warlord and a conversion for mounted Hearthguard: he's riding a pig!
I have 4 of these pig-cavalry now, and I'll be making 4 more.



Not a lot of time for this project, but they don't look difficult or time consuming to paint, and they do look fun, so more to come I am sure...


5 comments:

MrLee said...

Nice mate.. mixing 2 games I know little about to create something awesome and intriguing me to get on board with..

There are days that I should stay away from the blogs for the betterment of my credit card.. :)

myincubliss said...

You're a bad person serving up such tasty distractions...

Chris said...

You need to make a stand of fleeing troops with their hands waving over their heads in typical Muppet fashion.

Dr. Strangelobe said...

Oh God! I see Miss Piggy with braids and a horned helmet and spear!

"Kill the Froggie! Kill the froggie!"

Laughing Ferret said...

Thanks for the response! :)

Love the idea of the muppet battle-flee cry ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...