Saturday, February 25, 2012

2nd Place Pirates

My entry for Hydra Miniatures War Rocket Space Pirate Clan Contest was selected for 2nd place.
I'm quite happy about that!

The contest was for the painted ship as well as the idea and fluff behind the pirate clan.  I also included some rules I came up with for some upgrades, which Hydra has liked enough that some or all (not sure) will be appearing in their upcoming pdf supplement.   I won a Class IV and a Class III ship for when they're released: Free Ships! WhooHoo!  Thank you Hydra Miniatures!


To see the full pictures of the ship and the background and rules visit my blog update for the entry here

Visit Hydra Miniatures to see the other winners, both quite cool, and the whole War Rocket game. 

And since it put me in a Gary Numan mood before, might as well continue with another early classic. 
Not as technological, but I could see a good dogfight in space to this...



4 comments:

Spacejacker said...

Congratulations! Black color schemes are never easy to do well, but yours looks magnificent!

commissarmoody said...

Congrats! I always loved the retro ship look.

styx said...

Great job! Love the paint style using the black.

Laughing Ferret said...

Thank you guys!

I agree, Black is a lot more difficult than it looks.

It'll be fun to get a small fleet of these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...