Monday, November 14, 2011

Gator with an Axe: Painting Bloody Barnabas

No surprise to those who know me, I love to paint swampy things, especially gators & the like.
The Gators of the Hordes Minions have always tempted me, and though I really like trolls, I could see myself painting a whole Gator force someday.  So having the chance to paint up the warlock Bloody Barnabas was a treat.

I went for a similar look to the Privateer Press studio version, with a few minor changes.
A swamp water base was a must.

Here he is:


Swamp water bases never photo very well: very reflective & always look darker than they do to the eye. 

5 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Great mini and paint work obviously.

Dr. Willett's Workshop said...

Super job as usual, I must get into that privateer stuff!

Michael Awdry said...

Fantastic! Superb paint job, really starting to feel the allure of the swamp at the moment.

DJ said...

Delicious! Full of depth and texture... wonderful work.

Laughing Ferret said...

Thanks everyone!
I'm a big fan of gators and Privateer Press has some nice ones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...