Monday, October 24, 2011

Letting Loose the Lynx: Panzer II's completed for Frau Tottenkinder

The Panzer II Luchs tanks, 'Lynx' are finished.



I really like the look of these light tanks.  I think they'd even make nice 'city breaker' tanks for 15mm scale!

I got a chance to play them and the Stalking Tiger on Friday... and just like in elementary school, where when a kid has brand new shoes everyone steps on the shoes to get them dirty chanting 'new shoes!' my vehicles got smashed.  Tiger Walker: first shot of the game it got popped by a sherman. Then the first Lynx also was destroyed before it got to do anything.  The 2nd fired at the offending sherman, but with both tanks having moved, reduced the chance to hit so much it wasn't surprising it went foul, then it too was destroyed.  Yikes. Not a good first night for the Ahnenerbe Armor!  -Forgot to bring my camera, so no battle pictures I'm afraid.

Baby bear did get some revenge though-managed to get to the sherman and two-paw throw it onto a hill, reducing it to rubble and squishing a couple enemy in the process.  I'll take what victories I can get.



I don't want to bury the contest...
The contest has started!  Ends Oct 27th.  Go  HERE  for the announcement and the link to enter.

I'll just be waiting till it's time to pick the winner. 

5 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice, I love the dirty/rust effect around the tracks!

Anonymous said...

Huh, I thought the Panzer 2's got an autocannon. Unless that IS an autocannon, then I must be mistaken.

Michael Awdry said...

Excellent work. but a disappointing first outing! Thank goodness for Baby Bear!

Rodger said...

Lovely work. New troops alwawys take a while to settle in. Their next battle will be better.

The Angry Lurker said...

Great painting and models and a victory is a victory especially if they curse or cry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...