Friday, August 26, 2011

A Giant Opportunity

I just had to pass this information along.

Alex of Warploque Miniatures recently finished another of his epic and amazing sculpts.
I'm always singing this man's praises.  He's the one who sculpted the incredible "Hippo" troll I used in my Underworld Blood Bowl team.  He's just finished his Giant, and since it's a major investment to cast it up for a small outfit, he's placed it on a site called ulule.com for pre-sales to make sure it's a viable project.

Can you find a cheaper giant?  Undoubtedly.  But you'd be hard pressed to find one with more character.
I think it is not only worth the sticker price for the quality of the piece, but you also have a chance to support an amazing new talent and his burgeoning independent company. It isn't easy to try to compete against the giants... even when you're sculpting a giant!  Reason enough for me, even on my tight budget.

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with either of the companies involved in this.  I'm just a believer in the future of this fine sculptor and a fan of his great miniatures.

The Cast-It-Up project can be found here: http://www.ulule.com/cast-up-the-giant/
Warploque Miniatures I've had linked at left under 'Places to Go' since creating this blog
And to see more of his sculpting projects and work in progress spend a day looking through his thread on The Warhammer Forum.

Now, on to the pictures of the giant!

 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...